Associate Analytics Database Administrator
Compensation: $84,690.00 - $125,110.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
CoverMyMeds is looking for a Columbus based Associate Analytics Database Administrator to support both on-prem and cloud-based data platforms for our internal analytics teams. This person will work with analysts and ETL developers to ensure secure, performant, and reliable operations of host platforms for all analytics workloads. All this against very large datasets, using a wide range of data technologies, with an emphasis on the MS SQL Server and Azure stack. This person will work with the Sr. Analytics DBA and the Data Warehouse Teams in an agile environment to ensure our data mart solutions are engineered for fast, accurate, and meaningful data insight. This person will work to become the go-to expert on scalable and reliable data platform best practices, database performance and tuning, security and reliability, and proactive system health monitoring.
Our Tech Stack
Microsoft SQL Server 2016, SSIS, T-SQL, Python, Git, DbSchema, Azure, Tableau, SSRS, PostgreSQL, Terraform, JIRA, Confluence
What Youll Do
As an Associate Analytics DBA, you will work closely with our Sr. Analytics DBA to grow your career. You will have broad responsibility for CoverMyMeds data warehousing and analytics initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Support data analysts across all business units:
- Database Tooling (creation, deployments, monitoring, automation)
- Schema alterations
- Capacity planning
- Performance analysis
- Query optimization
- Platform health
- Partner with development teams during design phases to ensure effective utilization of our databases and sharing of your expertise
- Monitor the performance of database operations and proactively recommend solutions
- Maintain our security standards by implementing backup and disaster recovery requirements
- Implement and improve scripts that facilitate ETL processes
- Performance tune problem queries and aid analysts in optimization through techniques such as reading execution plans, adding indexes, or re-architecting poorly designed queries
- Develop administration scripts that will aid in health and maintenance of all analytics servers
- Ensure SLAs and uptime requirements are met
- Work with Data Warehouse team to review and promote code changes, and build and maintain warehousing structures
- Work with governance teams to ensure security and compliance organizational needs are met as well as SLAs and uptime requirements
- Ensure scheduled T-SQL stored procedures, and jobs run properly.
- Deliver solutions and products as part of an agile team using agile methodologies
- Document everything important you do for our data
- 1-3+ years of experience in a related technical field, ideally inclusive of database administration, database development, data analysis or data architecture.
- An understanding of relational architectures and tools. Practical experience using SQL and system administration.
- Understanding of RDBMS normalization and denormalization concepts
- Proficient in performance troubleshooting, indexing, SQL optimization, and benchmarking.
- Fluency in reading and interpreting data models and T-SQL.
- Associates or Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work and thrive in a self-directed, highly creative, collaborative, and dynamic environment.
Our team is excited and willing to teach, but these skills are a plus:
- Diverse experience with multiple relational databases or NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Expertise in high volume, analytics environments with third party business system integrations is a plus.
- Basic understanding of data warehousing concepts (Star Schemas) and techniques is a plus.
- Practical experience with cloud data platforms a plus (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Basic ETL background using technologies such as SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Pentaho Data Integration, Informatica, command line and other technologies is a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a highly creative, collaborative, and dynamic environment. Experience with agile techniques is a plus.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry with healthcare data is a plus.
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US and consistently honored as one of the best places to work in the country. Our mission: Help patients get the medications they need to live healthy lives. Our solutions seamlessly connect the health care network to improve medication access, increasing speed to therapy and reducing prescription abandonment for patients like you and me.
We know our culture is special because our employees tell us that time and time again. We're all driven by our mission and passionate about making CoverMyMeds the best place to work and grow, whatever that means to you. We want you to come here to be yourself, embrace challenges and achieve meaningful results. (The on-site lunch, paid benefits and flexibility are icing on the cake!)
Want to learn more? Were flattered. Check out:
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to minority status, gender, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data center, data integrity, data management, data quality, data warehouse, database administrator, hbase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...