Compensation: $89,960.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Business Intelligence / Data Analyst
Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
Contract (9-12 months)
We are looking for a Data Analyst who engages with business teams to define business questions, prepare and model data, and perform analyses with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data. This role will join the Analytics Team and will work closely to build, deploy and administer self-service analytics across business units. In this role, you will utilize diverse analytics tools to turn data into actionable insights with the goal of creating a data-driven culture across the organization.
- Engage business teams to understand business challenges, define analytics questions and apply analysis techniques to generate data products including interactive reports and dashboards.
- Work closely with Analytics Team to deliver on key analytics projects. This will include data provisioning, exploratory data analysis, data visualization and in some instances, machine learning and statistical modeling.
- Work with the team to implement organization KPI's while adhering to the analytics process from business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, data modeling, evaluation, and deployment; lead by example and by training business stakeholders with varying technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Design, enable and maintain trustee reporting, executive scorecards and cross-functional tactical reports on the enterprise analytics platform.
- Drive the adoption self-service analytics through the analytics platform for operational reporting across multiple departments including Finance Accounting, Participant Services, Eligibility, Claims and Pension departments.
- Become front-line support for the analytics platform and handle related questions, issues and requests.
- Understand data requirements required by consultants and provision the data in an efficient, traceable and secure manner.
- Coordinate with consultants on research and analysis workload to build indepth understanding of projects and analysis outcomes; validate approach used and evaluate outcomes.
- Continuously advance your skills and those of others on the team through discussions, work assignments, training and mentoring
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years experience in a quantitative data analytics role with emphasis on data preparation and analysis
- Strong ability to blend and wrangle data, create logical data models to be used as a basis for analysis
- Proficiency in using enterprise analytics platforms, data visualization tools like Tableau, Alteryx, ThoughtSpot, Business Intelligence solutions or equivalent
- Knowledge of relational DBMS, specifically Oracle, and ability to script and execute SQL queries
- Understanding of the principles and tools of statistical analysis and machine learning is a plus
- Customer focus - Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision quality - Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Communicates effectively - Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Ensures accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Instills trust - follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Growth Opportunities - Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion - Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com
Loading some great jobs for you...