Data Management Analyst
Compensation: $88,940.00 - $130,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Reporting to the Manager of Data Analytics, the Data Analyst is responsible for working with internal and external clients to design, develop, implement, and manage data ingestion and management workflows. The Data Analyst will always be looking for opportunities to standardize, automate, and deliver more expedient implementation of supply chain services.
Works to understand corporate, external, and host hospital database sources (e.g. Medhost, Evident) and leverage gained understanding to provide deeper data utilization and development of new CHC analytic tools, while providing data flow diagrams and documentation of analysis tools, database structures, stored procedures, and data definitions.
Works in direct contact with CHC corporate and facility end users, as well as with information analysis and data mining system vendors to ensure information stored in analytical systems is available timely, structured as appropriate, understandable, and accurate.
Demonstrates expertise in a variety of generally accepted concepts, practices, and procedures, including cloud SQL and cloud ETL technologies.
Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as this person will interact with both internal and external clients and must be able to translate complex technical concepts into easy to understand terms.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent education, certifications and related database analysis or management experience.
- Responsible for supporting work environment focused on customer service, service management, and process improvement
- Develops and manages data collection and measurement tools and processes
- Interacts with internal and external clients to implement manageable data ETL processes
- Develops strong understanding of client and corporate database structures, leveraging knowledge to standardize implementation of CHC tools
- Supports development of new analytic tools; documenting process, structure, data elements
- Plans and manages ETL process updates by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing documentation and models
- Monitors process performance using established metrics, evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems timely
- Secures database by preparing and maintaining access control policies and procedures and implementing backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Continually updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Provides input to IT and supply chain strategic planning processes
- Ability to travel <10% of the time
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
- The ability to interface effectively with internal and external clients
- Ability to utilize Google Apps, Google Cloud Platform, and other database and analytical tools
- Experience developing and managing data management processes
- Experience resolving problems with positive outcomes
- Experience prioritizing multiple activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, while delivering exceptional client service
- Ability to communicate and relate well with others
Communicates openly, respectfully, and timely
Shares information appropriately
Keeps others well informed
Encourages others to share contrary views
Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
Expresses self well in writing
- Ability to clearly communicate technical terms and applications to non-technical clients
- Ability to listen and document the concerns, wants, and needs of clients
- Possess a strong customer and service to others orientation
- Requires independent analysis, communication and problem solving skills
- 3+ years of Database Management experience
- 3+ years leveraging SQL, ETL processes, and related technologies to develop analytical solutions
- Experience with Google technologies including Cloud Dataflow, Dataproc, Pub/Sub, and Data Fusion a plus
- Experience with business process management tools a plus
- Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data integration, data management, database, database administrator, hbase, sql, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...