SQL Server DBA Lead
Compensation: $97,050.00 - $151,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic SQL Server DBA who will be working with large team in implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
Overall 5 + years of IT experience with:
* Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
* Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
* Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
* Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
* Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Flexible, team player, 'get-it-done' personality
* Ability to organize and plan work independently
* Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
* MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
Required Skills SQL Server DBA, SSIS, Data modeling
* Data Analysis
* Data Modeling
* Database Tuning
* MS SQL Server
* SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ...@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Associated topics: data administrator, data architect, data center, data integration, data quality, database, etl, hbase, mongo database administrator, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...