Compensation: $97,050.00 - $151,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team in CGI's Lebanon, VA office. We are looking for an experienced DBA to maintain and upgrade multiple databases in a cloud environment. This role will require work with our CGI team as well as with our client's technical staff. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with limited oversight and moderate on-site training. He or she should understand the importance of database integrity in terms of both efficiency and security.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Supervision of modifications to any existing database software, including security patches.
* Responsibility for maintaining the integrity and performance of Momentum production and test databases.
* Ad-hoc refreshes of test databases.
* Optimization of DDL/DML scripts.
* Ensuring data is stored securely and optimally.
* Ensuring the security of data, including working with company and agency security personnel to meet security requirements.
* Working with Technical Analysts to support upgrades to the Momentum software and associated database upgrades.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Bachelor's degree in applicable field.
* 6+ years of professional experience.
* Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory.
* Experience with Oracle database.
* Experience with SQL Developer or related application.
* Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
* Familiarity with reporting tools.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ...@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data center, data management, data warehouse, database administrator, etl, erp, mongo database administrator, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...