Business Development Manager (Covington)
Compensation: $64,600.00 - $104,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Carolina Handling is a leader in the Material Handling business. We are a strong and a rapidly growing company with a history of stable performance that focuses squarely on our associates. If you're looking for a challenging, rewarding career where you can make a difference, then Carolina Handling is the place for you. At Carolina Handling, professional growth is fundamental to our corporate culture. Our motto is 'Exceeding Customer Expectations'. This not only applies to our external customers, but to our internal customers -- our associates. We continually strive to exceed their expectations through career development, continuing education, advancement opportunities, job stability, great benefits and a culture unlike any other.JOB SUMMARY
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work closely within assigned geography or accounts with Regional Sales and Service personnel in establishing new Carolina Handling customers. This position is responsible for managing all activities of the assigned accounts. Objectives are to achieve maximum unit sales volume, market penetration, profit return and customer loyalty from the selected and/or targeted accounts. Develop marketing programs, as required to meet demands or competition of the 'market place'. Identify additional potential customers and target them for business and sales. Work closely with customers to promote sales and service of Raymond parts and trucks to major users. This position requires an individual whose customer service skills assist us in achieving our motto 'Exceeding Customer Expectations.'PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The achievement of sales of Raymond products to the assigned customers, and other non-Raymond customers and implement programs to meet these goals.
- Forecast and direct achievement of expense and profit objectives for the assigned sales goals in both short range and long range planning.
- Develop, implement, and administer Business Plans and functional reporting systems/procedures for continual measurement of performance against objectives.
- Analyze market potential and trends, determine areas where Raymond product sales are weak and initiate action to improve market penetration of non-Raymond/Carolina Handling users.
- Direct the development and implementation of strategies, guidelines and marketing aids to increase the effectiveness of Carolina Handling personnel in selling to the assigned market.
- Communicate to Management regarding all pertinent activities of assigned accounts to keep them abreast of all phases of account activities.
- Responsible to lead programs and plans within the assigned accounts.
- Responsible to manage lease, usage, and rental expirations within the assigned account base.
- Promote the Company with present and potential customers through active marketing of programs and features such as: 1) Scheduled and Comprehensive Fixed Price maintenance contracts; 2) rental equipment; 3) rebuilt equipment; 4) truck and component rebuilding (shop work); 5) equipment specials and promotions; 6) Warehouse Solutions products.
- Work closely with respective Manager (Director of Sales or RSM) on account planning and pricing decisions.
- Administer overall process of a customer's needs in terms of specifications.
- Provide creative business solutions to customer needs.
- Responsible for every phase of marketing Raymond product and Carolina Handling, from simple product questions to pricing/product strategies.
- Minimum of three (3) years' selling experience in similar industries with demonstrated expertise in acquiring new business
- General understanding of Financial Merchandising
- A demonstrated understanding of a customer's key business drivers
- Must be able to establish and maintain customer confidence.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Travel may be required
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Highly motivated to achieve challenging goals.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent computer skills and efficient in Microsoft office products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...