Sr. Database Engineer
Compensation: $87,180.00 - $124,860.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kelly IT has an opening for a permSr. Database Engineer with our client in Portland, OR. Duration: Perm SUMMARY
- Help drive the design, development, implementation and expansion of databases utilizing the full MS SQL Server stack and other database technologies if appropriate
- Work as a team player with the product, application development, and infrastructure teams to gather data and reporting requirements and formulate solutions to service them efficiently
- Troubleshoot and solve problems - identify root source of problem/incorrect data and implement measures to correct and prevent future occurrences of it
- Test performance of databases to insure they are efficient, scalable and tune query execution if necessary to achieve desired system performance
- ETL/ELT - Plan and execute data migration procedures to move, transform and load data between platforms without service disruption
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant degree/experience
- 7+ years experience in developing and administering Microsoft SQL server databases
- Expert knowledge in RSBMS concepts, data normalization, SQL Server, and T-SQL
- Strong skills in OLAP and reporting technologies, preferred
- Experience developing ETL robust processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate well in English
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL. stored procedures, and query tuning on high-transaction systems
- Experience with cloud database technologies a plus
- Deep understanding of data quality, reporting, and data analysis techniques
- Understanding of APIs and modern web architecture
- Experience with software lifecycle processes, code reviews, and source control platforms (SSDT, Visual Studio, GIT, VSTS/Azure DevOps)
- Strong desire to collaborate and work as part of a team
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume to ...@kellyit.com
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data administrator, data analytic, data architect, data engineer, data integration, data manager, data warehouse, hbase, mongo database, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...