Senior Research Associate: Immunopharmacology (South San Francisco, CA)
Compensation: $80,020.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Senior Research Associate Immunopharmacology South San Francisco, CA Direct Hire Our client is seeking a skilled and experienced in vivo pharmacology associate to play a key role in the discovery, validation, and development of novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer. The candidate will be integral member and will collaborate with project team leaders to plan and conduct in vivo and ex vivo preclinical studies. The ideal candidate will be an hands-on scientist with proven pharmacology skills, and a strong background in syngeneic tumor models. Required Skills:
- Implanting cancer cells into mice subcutaneously and topical anesthesia.
- bleeding mice, necropsy and tissue harvesting
- Intravenous administration of therapeutics.
- Contribute to discovery and development projects for antibody therapeutics by conducting in vivo efficacy, PK, and PD studies utilizing syngeneic mouse and humanized cancer models
- Maintain cell lines using standard cell culture techniques in support of in vivo studies
- Use standard immunology techniques MACS, FACS, ELISA to support ex vivo analysis of cells from animal tissues
- Write and/or review SOPs, technical reports, and study reports
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment
- Present scientific results at team and staff meetings
- BS/MS in immunology or related field with at least 3 years of hands-on in vivo experience in an academia or industry environment (preferably within immuno- oncology)
- Proficient in mouse handling and dosing skills (oral gavage, intravenous, intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, etc.) enabling the ability to independently conduct studies in mouse models assessing tumor growth and immune responses
- Experience developing and conducting immuno-oncology syngeneic, xenograft, or humanized mouse tumor models including orthotopic implants
- Excellent aseptic cell culture technique for handling human and murine primary cells, and cancer cell lines
- Experience with some of the routine immunology and biochemistry techniques, such as IHC, immunoblotting, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and tissue processing
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and flexible team environment
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental methods and results
- Ability to effectively interpret and present data
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e. g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
- Ability to organize and maintain data, including quality control records
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: biomedical, biopharma, drug development, food, food scientist, histotechnologist, nutritionist, pharmacy, physiology, virus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...