Research Associate II
Compensation: $92,740.00 - $171,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE I/II This Research Associate will be responsible for carrying out scientific activities and plant care related to our Client s trait development programs. Specifically, this position requires a candidate with an understanding of plant growth, development and genetics. The ideal candidate will have training in assessing plant growth and development, biotechnology, and genetics. The working environment is varied: lab, growth chamber, greenhouse, and office. This position will interact with all project team members and growth facility staff in research planning and delivery of project goals with seasonal and timeline driven deadlines. This is a full-time position. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs research and development in collaboration with others.
- Designs and performs experiments involving plant growth, development and phenotyping.
- Proficient in plant anatomy and physiology.
- Performs PCR based methods for genotyping.
- Prepares buffers and fertilizer solutions accurately.
- Coordinates with growth operations and research staff on experiment planning, resource utilization and scheduling.
- Researches and presents new technologies and equipment to streamline growth chamber and greenhouse work.
- Coordinates tissue sample and data collection from the growth chamber, greenhouse or field.
- Designs and performs seed assays and quality experiments.
- Performs germination tests for viability and segregation assays for generation advancement.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals
- Write and/or present periodic reports to company colleagues as well as monthly status reports.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve problems of defined scope in a creative and effective way.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITITIES
- Understanding and familiarity of basic molecular biology techniques such as DNA extraction, PCR, sequencing, restriction digests, cloning, and PCR based genotyping methods.
- Understanding and familiarity with plant growth and development in a variety of crops plants including monocots and dicots.
- Familiarity with hemp plants in a research lab or greenhouse setting
- Preferred candidates will also have experience with database applications such as Filemaker and Access and with spreadsheet applications such as Excel.
- Must be able to tolerate different working conditions since environments will vary; greenhouse, growth chamber, lab and field.
- Research experience with agricultural crops and plant molecular biology including PCR based molecular marker systems is desired.
- Proficiency in plant genetics and plant breeding techniques is highly desirable.
- Flexibility to work longer hours (including weekends) to meet seasonal deadlines.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks that require fine motor skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree in scientific discipline such as Genetics, Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Horticulture or related field with 2-5 years direct work experience.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: bio, bioengineering, bioinformatics, biostatistics, biotechnology, life science, metabolism, neurobiology, physical, stem cell
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...