Research Animal Technician
Compensation: $41,240.00 - $98,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Research Animal Technician Kelly Services has an immediate opening for a Research Animal Technician for a 5-6 month contract position. The Research Animal Technician will assist in developing and implementing pharmacology techniques and procedures e.g., bleeding, microsurgery, necropsy, and inoculation biopsies. They will ensure standard operating procedures and protocols are maintained and adhered to. This individual will maintain quality checks on cleanliness of laboratories and animal rooms. The Research Animal Technician ensures animal maintenance and animal welfare are adhered to per the GLP, following local, state, and federal good laboratory practices. The incumbent must have the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performance of in vivo pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and evaluation of current and potential drug candidates.
- Works closely with drug discovery, chemistry and formulation groups in the evaluation of new lead molecules.
- Executes activities consistent with protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), laboratory methods and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and regulations in support of preclinical studies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current technological/scientific trends.
- Performs task with minimal supervision.
- Performs pharmacokinetics drug studies using rodent models.
- Performs small animal surgical procedures in rodents.
- Conducts drug dosage calculations and drug administration techniques.
- Possess a good working knowledge of blood borne pathogens, biological and environmental contamination response and biohazard safety.
- Performs and explore novel drug administration techniques in rodent animal models.
- Supports animal disease model to evaluate new drug candidates.
- All other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science with 3-5 years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in biochemistry, biology or pharmacology with direct expertise in animal care and animal models for pharmaceutical research or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of industry guidelines and GLP regulations for the development of new drug products.
- Must be current in industry standards and technology related to bloodborne pathogen safe handling practices, hazmat training, techniques consistent with animal prosecutor training, and GLP, data collection, recording and documentation as related to the company s standard operating practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems using personal judgement.
- Ability to adapt to changing research efforts and projects.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: aseptic, dietetic, healthcare, immunoassay, kinesiology, nephrology, pharmacy, therapeutic, therapy, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...