MPH/MS Data Analyst - Large Data Sets - NIH - Bethesda, Maryland Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking an MS level Data Analyst with EXPERIENCE ANALYZING LARGE DATA SETS to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, about 5 miles north of Washington, DC. This is a full time, long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
Division of Intramural Research (DIR)
Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases (LCID)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Main Campus, Bethesda, Maryland
Administrative Position TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
1. Conduct data management and analysis for studies related to infectious diseases in the NIAID-DIR, including but not limited to: pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial disease, bronchiectasis, norovirus, bloodstream infections, and arboviral infections.
2. Use available data systems to manage and analyze data related to the epidemiology of diseases and conditions of interest including in-house systems such as BTRIS, CRIS, and CRIMSON, and outside national or commercially available data sources such as the Medicare (5% sample dataset), Hospital discharge datasets maintained by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), and disease registry data such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundations (CFF) registry, as well as Premier and Cerner datasets.
3. Use electronic medical record data for testing hypotheses related to prevalence and risk factors for selected diseases of interest.
4. Receive limited use record level datasets and manipulate and analyze in SAS or a similar statistical package.
5. Perform trouble-shooting, interpretation of results and analysis.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
1. Master s degree in a Science or in Public Health.
2. Two (2) years of practical experience in data analysis of large data sets using SAS, R, STATA.
3. A BS with 4 years of experience will be considered.
4. Demonstrates expertise with advanced research methods and strategies.
5. Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
6. Demonstrates experience performing basic internet and literature research.
7. Must be proficient in SAS, R, STATA, or similar programming language.
8. Must have strong quantitative and\or statistical skills and ability to manipulate datasets.
9. Demonstrates experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
10. Must be able to communicate clearly in oral and written form.
11. Must be able to work independently and have good problem solving abilities. PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls or emails. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...