Data Architect - Remote
Compensation: $95,630.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Data ArchitectLocation: Remote PositionLength: Full-TimeJob Description: Client is seeking a Data Architect visionary with a proven track record in data analysis, design, deployment and management of a data architecture. This person will be responsible for defining how structured and unstructured data will be stored, consumed, integrated and reported by different systems across internal and external data sources. The data architect will define and align architecture principles to the overarching enterprise architecture principles. The data architect will work towards building an enterprise model, a central dictionary of common business vocabulary, define approach & principles for data quality management, master data management, data integration, data security/access and data archiving & retention. In this role the person is also expected to be well versed in creating/maintaining/reverse engineering data models that enable the understanding and documentation of data standards, metadata and entity & domain relationships and the flow of data across business applications. The right candidate will be a Self-motivated, results driven technologist, who is passionate about collaboration and consensus building, but can work independently and lead highly technical cross functional teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define the strategy and architecture required to integrate data across multiple systems, improve the existing data warehouse architecture and support our transition to AWS.
- Select appropriate database architecture and technologies.
- Implement and optimize physical database design to support performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Work closely with application developers and data analysts to design and optimize data access, query, reporting, and analysis strategies.
- Identify, define & classify master data across the enterprise landscape.
- Define & manage how client data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed across the enterprise by different customer/business applications & IT systems & Users.
- Creates and enforces technology-specific guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Applies architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of enterprise data.
- Lead, Mentors, coaches and educates team members in standard processes, policies and procedures related to a specific technology.
Physical & Mental Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift/carry at least 15 lbs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must consistently work and type on a computer and may be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office supplies, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a data architect.
- Expert with Master Data Management concepts and systems.
- Expert with data modeling tools in creating medium to large-scale enterprise logical data models using normalization techniques.
- Expert with data modeling in both relational and unstructured databases.
- Expert in Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse enterprise platforms.
- Expert working knowledge of Stored Procedures and SQL coding.
- Ability to interface effectively with team members from all functional disciplines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly analyze complex technology and business scenarios.
- Experience with AWS and Amazon S3 desired.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Atlassian JIRA and Confluence desired.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) finance, contracting, acquisition and logistics systems is a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
- This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in business management, engineering, computer science, mathematics, accounting, economics or other related discipline. Experience in lieu of education may be considered if the individual has 7 or more years of relevant experience.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data analyst, data engineer, data integration, data quality, data scientist, data warehousing, etl, hbase, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...