Clinical Data Analyst - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Compensation: $76,955.00 - $131,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Clinical Data Analyst - NIH - Bethesda, MD Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Clinical Data Analyst to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall: Database Management and Development
- Modify and manage the JIRA Tracking Database via iRIS.
- Test the CCR GDS portal, make required modifications, plan and execute launch.
- Develop a corresponding SOP documenting data pulls from the portal.
- Build portal capacity to enable the submission of GDS Exemption requests.
Data Tracking Infrastructures
- Collaborate with CCR Annual Reporting System administrator to enhance ARS to allow reporting of GDS planning and compliance as part of required project (Z01) Annual Reporting.
- Ensure GDS requirements are incorporated in to the new iRIS protocol systems and develop an SOP.
- Work with staff to develop a new infrastructure using the reliance agreement infrastructure to identify and track studies in which the IRB of record is not NIH.
- Develop corresponding SOP.
Website Development and Management
dbGaP Study Registration
- Collect the dbGaP study registration paperwork and register studies in dbGaP.
dbGaP data upload
- Work with CCR laboratory and branch staff to format and submit GDS data when required, prioritizing those who have registered the study to obtain the accession number for publication purposes, but then do not proceed to data share.
JIRA Tracking Database Entry
- Enter data and pull reports quarterly from JIRA Tracking Database following each IRB meeting and as GDS required paperwork is submitted.
- Search JIRA monthly to look for studies first entered with the P number and update those P numbers to the final IRB number once a study has been approved.
- Develop a corresponding SOP documenting this procedure.
- Identify and develop strong and effective communications with CCR lab/branch GDS lead administrators to improve compliance.
Biorepository Protocol Tracking
- Establish a different infrastructure for tracking
- Develop corresponding SOP documenting the procedure once established.
- Develop a training plan and slide deck for all CCR Staff for GDS portal.
- Conduct GDS training for all new CCR Investigators and Clinical Fellows.
- Train new GDS Lab/Branch leads.
Generating Data Reports
- Complete all data pulls required for annual and quarterly reports to CCR and OSP.
- Serve as the primary contact addressing investigator queries and for all lab/branch GDS leads.
- Respond to emails, i.e. AskCCRGenomicDataSharing.
- Develop and update SOPs on Data Sharing Plans, Institutional Certification Memo s, and Exception Requests when the new portal and all other CCR GDS operations.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Bachelor s degree in biomedical science/computer science/bioinformatics. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus an Associate s degree is equivalent to a Bachelor s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Education or experience in genetics preferred.
- Good understanding of Next-Generation Sequencing data and file types.
- Ability to read and understand scientific protocols and proposals.
- Proficiency in selecting, building and evaluating machine learning models and visualizing high-dimensional data.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL data systems.
- Strong communications skills, for both writing and speaking to both technical/scientific and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE. Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a worker today, it s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what s next is what we re all about. We know what s going on in the evolving world of work just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we re always thinking about what s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...