Big Data Engineer
Compensation: $97,050.00 - $151,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Title: Big DataEngineer
Location: Richmond VA
Overall Responsibility :
Develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers.
Apply domain driven design practices to build out data applications.
Experience in building out conceptual and logical models.
Build out data consumption views and provisioning self-service reporting needs via demonstrated dimensional modeling skills.
Measuring data quality and making improvements to data standards, helping application teams to publish data in the correct format so it becomes easy for downstream consumption.
Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Scala and Kafka on AWS and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Snowflake.
Build pipelines to enable features to be provisioned for machine learning models. Familiar with data science model building concepts as well as consuming and from data lake.Job Requirements:
- At least 8 years of experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- At least 5 years of experience working on a big data platform
- At least 3 years of experience working with unstructured datasets
- At least 3 years of experience developing microservices: Python, Java, or Scala
- At least 1 year of experience building data pipelines, CICD pipelines, and fit for purpose data stores
- At least 1 year of experience in cloud technologies: AWS, Docker, Ansible, or Terraform
- At least 1 year of Agile experience
- At least 1 year of experience with a streaming data platform including Apache Kafka and Spark
- 5+ years of data modeling and dataengineering skills
- 3+ years of microservices architecture & RESTful web service frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with JSON, Parquet, or Avro formats
- 2+ years of creating data quality dashboards establishing data standards
- 2+ years experience in RDS, NOSQL or Graph Databases
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS platforms, services, and component technologies, including S3, RDS and Amazon EMR
Associated topics: data analytic, data center, data integration, data integrity, data manager, database administrator, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...