Application Database Administrator
Compensation: $81,220.00 - $119,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Application Database Administrator (DBA) I ensures efforts are in alignment with the Claim Adjudication Technology team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions and services to simplify people's lives. The Application DBA acts as a liaison, serving as primary point of contact between application business segments and database administrators, and will have a deep understanding of organization processes, and skilled knowledge of the applications design and implementation.
The Application DBA must be able to create, update, configure, manage and administer databases for current and future versions of Oracle and SQL Server databases. The Application DBA must be able to work in a dynamic environment with stakeholders and team members to manage Server database software.
- Ensure efforts delight the customer.
- Provide superior customer service utilizing a high-touch, customer centric approach focused on collaboration and communication.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere.
- Innovate and create value for the customer.
- Review all SQL scripts prior to production release.
- Liaise the creation of new Oracle and SQL Server databases based on business need.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Oracle and SQL Server errors.
- Develop, implement, and support database standards, security guidelines and operational policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain naming standards for database objects such as table spaces, tables, indexes, and views.
- Assist in the design of backup and recovery strategies.
- Migrate database objects through the lifecycle management process for the requesting team.
- Monitor and apply performance-tuning techniques to ensure the applications operate at the most efficient levels.
- Evaluate and recommend use of Oracle and SQL Server enhancements and features.
- Assist in the capacity planning and development of processes for all databases.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include one or more of the following:
- Familiarity with one or more:
- Oracle DBMS
- SQL Server DBMS
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Oracle DataPump
- VMWare snapshots
- Pure Storage Cloning
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Python Scripting
- Perl Scripting
- SMS, SSRS, SSIS
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC) One Node
- Golden Gate on Oracle and SQL Server
- Oracle Enterprise Manger
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Act as a liaison serving as primary point of contact between application business segments and database administrators
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with the applications.
- Create a fluid end-to-end vision for how data will flow through an organization including concept of purging and archiving.
- Develop data models for database structures.
- Design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications.
- Educate developers on database features, SQL and database structures.
- Resolve day-to-day user issues with the running of applications.
- Deep understanding of organization processes, the applications design and implementation.
- Involved in up-front design discussions, followed up by design and code reviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/DisabledJob Requirements:
Associate degree, college diploma, or university degree and two (2) years' work experience as a database administrator is required.
- Working experience with Oracle DBMS versions.
- Working experience with SQL Server DBMS versions.
- Hands on experience with SQL development, optimization, performance tuning.
- Hands on experience with data modeling and database design.
- Hands on experience with database backup and recovery techniques.
- Strong understanding of Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating System.
- Strong understanding of PL/SQL.
- Working understanding of Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC).
- Working understanding of Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Working understanding of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws would be a plus.
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data center, data engineer, data integrity, data manager, data warehouse, mongo database administrator, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...