Associate Research Scientist 1 / 2 - Cell Line Manipulation/CRISPR
Compensation: $91,875.00 - $157,700.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Associate Research Scientist will join the Cell Line Manipulation team at Bristol-Myers Squibb in Redwood City, CA and aide in the advancement of therapeutic targets programs. The position will utilize cellular and molecular biology techniques to engineer and characterize cells expressing or suppressing gene expression through recombinant methods. Engineered cells and cell lines will be profiled for validated expression as well as in vitro functionality of the target(s) through existing or newly-developed assays. The position will require the individual to be highly collaborative and work closely with and support an array of project teams and scientists within the Discovery and Translational Research organization.Responsibilities
- General molecular biology involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA, RNA and proteins
- Design of mammalian cell expression vectors for recombinant proteins, inhibitory RNAs, and CRISPRs
- Mammalian cell culture including hematopoietic cells and cell lines, including those of rodent or human origin
- Mammalian cell manipulation including transfection or lentivirus transduction of expression, interfering RNA, or CRISPR vectors
- Assessment of RNA and protein expression using qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, HTRF or western blotting as appropriate
- Cell cloning and freezing
- Initial cell-based functional assay development and validation of newly engineered cells
- Detailed, formal record keeping through electronic notebook
- Communication of work, plans and progress using written and verbal communication in small and group settings
- A B.S. with a minimum of 2 years of academic/industrial experience, or an M.S. in molecular biology is required.
- Experience with a wide range of in-vitro cellular and biochemical assays, including cell culture, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISAs (MSD), reporter assays, siRNA/shRNA knockdown, CRISPR-mediated genome editing, qPCR, cloning, lentivirus generation and transduction and the ability to incorporate state-of-the-art techniques to enhance productivity would be highly desired. Flow cytometry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in design and construction of cell expression plasmid constructs, site-directed mutagenesis, and recombinant protein vector design is a plus
- Cell culture techniques including ability to establish transient/stable cells and cell lines through transfections and/or virus transduction. Experience in work with primary human or rodent cells is a plus.
- Proficiency in utilizing scientific software such as GraphPad, FlowJo, Cytobank, Spotfire, etc. for data analysis and figure generation is highly desired.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting is required.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Associated topics: antibody, cytometry, dietary, health, healthcare, histotechnologist, immunoassay, injury, microbiology, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...