Senior Big Data Engineer/Spark Lead
Compensation: $87,790.00 - $131,300.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Dynamic, Entrepreneurial Marketing Consulting Company is seeking an Apache Spark Developer Lead to contribute to BLEND360 next level of growth and expansion.
BLEND360 is a multi-award winning Data-Driven Marketing Company who is privileged to provide our services to some of the most respected and recognized brands in the world. We aspire to have the best people, period! We have created a special culture where the brightest people come to work with the best clients, hone their craft, learn new skills and methodologies, and also have the flexibility to live their best lives in every way possible... and most of all, be part of the ever-growing, diverse family that is BLEND360.
The Apache Spark Lead will be a self-starting, motivated individual with is a strong developer who knows how to fully exploit the potential of our client s Spark cluster.
- Location: Columbia, MD preferred, but will consider East Coast with travel to clients
- Duration: Full-time Position
- Benefits: We offer: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
What you ll do:
In this role, you ll partner with our Fortune 100 clients and work within our Data Science team as our Apache Spark SME . You will clean, transform, and analyze vast amounts of raw data from various systems using Spark to provide ready-to-use data to our Data Scientists.
This involves both ad-hoc requests as well as data pipelines that are embedded in our production environment..
Additionally, you ll:
- Bring a strong background in Spark, PySpark, and Hadoop to the job
- Create Scala/Spark jobs for data transformation and aggregation
- Produce unit tests for Spark transformations and helper methods
- Write Scaladoc-style documentation with all code
- Design data processing pipelines
What you ll get:
- A fast-paced environment with supportive cross-functional partners
- A team dedicated to transparency and simplicity to its customers
- To be part of product, acquisition and servicing teams
- Valuable experience running data science technologies for a highly visible Fortune 100 company
- Support and expertise from all levels of the BLEND360 team including the Client Engagement and Talent teams
- Benefits including Health, Vision, Dental, 401K plan, Life Insurance, Pretax Commuter Benefits, and an incredibly supportive team cheering you on!
Who you are:
You are a highly skilled expert in the Apache Spark cluster .
What you have:
- Expert in full Spark Cluster, PySpark and Hadoop
- Experience with Scala, Scalatest, Junit, Mockito, Embedded Cassandra
- Spark query tuning and performance optimization
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Deep understanding of distributed systems (e.g. CAP theorem, partitioning, replication, consistency, and consensus)
- Proven ability to prioritize work and projects
- Accustom to working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Desire to work for a consulting firm with ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to keep a sense of humor while working in a fast pace environment
- Collaborate well cross functionally and are an enthusiastic team player
Associated topics: data analyst, data analytic, data architect, data integration, data quality, data scientist, database, database administrator, mongo database administrator, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...