Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home d cor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Market Research Manager is responsible for driving the marketing research discipline within the organization. This role will be responsible for selecting the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet the defined business objective. The Market Research Manager works closely with both external vendors and internal customers to drive research within the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects and engage with key decision makers. The Market Research Manager will be responsible for driving marketing research design and studies. This role will assist the organization with gleaning data driven insights that lead to meaningful action.
The Market Research Manager will report to the Vice President of Financial Planning & Analysis as a part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
- Drive marketing research within the organization, collaborate with the business to deliver best practice case studies to glean insights. Inclusive of but not limited to Segmentation Studies, Attitude & Usage Studies, Brand Positioning Studies, Packaging & Label Research, Advertising Research, Product Usage Tests, Product Claims Research, Color & Merchandising Research, Usability.
- Develops market research strategies, designs studies to define market segments, and conducts competitive research and analysis
- Analyzes market metrics for identifying effect-cause relationships between financial outcomes and marketing actions to raise profitability
- Applies and communicates marketing research design and analytics in meaningful ways to senior leaders, internal associates and other business stakeholders
- Establishes overall research team direction and provides leadership and role clarity to research team members
- Anticipates marketing opportunities through the analysis of concept testing results and proposes best-in-class solutions
- Maintains the collection and analysis of relevant information concerning current and potential markets and competitors
- Oversees the research of target markets, ratings, and market responses to programs and campaigns
- Manages various vendors and works to ensure that consistent quality control and project objectives are met
- Manage research tools and platforms for the team, and provide guidance to other groups
- Develop and share best practice standards across the organization
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator including being personally client-facing and externally focused
- Partner with marketing team & product development teams, manage product usage testing and associated research at our R&D facilities along with other locations on a regular basis. Report findings
- Defines and tracks marketing research budget
- Minimum of 7+ years in an analytical role in Marketing, Business, Economic, Statistical or Digital/Social Media analysis
- Knowledge of marketing principles, marketing analytics industry, including industry leaders, trends and changes
- Ability to apply research results to the practical considerations of day-to-day Marketing and operational business challenges
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint skills, Proficiency with Business Objects and other mining tools
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and quickly grasp new concepts by demonstrating and applying knowledge of these tasks timely and accurately
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires a minimum of 15% to 20% travel