Data Analytics and Insights Specialist
Compensation: $79,976.67 - $163,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home d cor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
This is a unique opportunity to gain broad experience, have significant responsibility for a variety of projects, engage with senior-level decision-makers, and influence strategic business decisions. The Data Analytics and Insights Specialist will be responsible for creating analytics frameworks, analyzing business performance, interpreting business/market data, and providing actionable information to Senior Management and CEO staff.
The Data Analytics and Insights Specialist will report to the Manager of Business Analytics & Insights as a part of the Financial Planning and Analysis team. There are no direct reports reporting into this role.
- Understand requirements, gather data from various data sources, conduct business analysis, and provide quantitative insights through presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Obtain, manipulate, and analyze data to answer specific or open-ended questions, utilizing statistical approaches where applicable, and distill actionable insights
- Recognize, develop, and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: automation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Collaborate with all business units to understand the business challenges and provide the necessary analytical and data support using primarily modeling skills to deliver business outcomes
- Ability to analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data, construct compelling narratives, and provide recommendations on complex topics
- Conduct analysis and turn insights into actionable changes for predictive models or policies
- Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
- Analyze web traffic and site behavior website's key performance metrics indicators (KPIs) using Google Analytics data. Derive for customer and business insights to support business decisions and drive on improved customer site experience
- Assist with user acceptance testing and participate in the development of requirements for and implementation of necessary website tagging through Google Tag Manager
- Manage various internal ad hoc requests and projects to assist and support Senior Management and peers with on-demand analytics
- BA/B.S. in Economics or Statistics; MBA is preferred
- 3+ years of experience required in key functional areas outlined above
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Office; data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Qlik Sense); data querying tools (i.e., Business Intelligence), Google Analytics, programming tools (i.e., Base SAS, R, Programming, Python); other (eViews, Azure ML Studio)
- Familiarity with data science and statistical learning concepts (structured and unstructured machine learning, text analytics, multi-variate and logistic regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, etc.)
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with colleagues and customers. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and content of the work, and complies with information confidentiality requirements where applicable
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving environment and quickly grasp new concepts by demonstrating and applying knowledge of these tasks timely and accurately
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships by collaborating with customers by fully understanding and meeting their expectations
- Seen as a team player that encourages collaboration and quickly gains trust and support of peers. Finds common ground and solves problems for the benefits of all
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position requires minimal travel on an as-needed basis
Associated topics: analyst, analyze, business analyst, business intelligence, consult, financial analyst, investment analytics, market, monitor, strategy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...