Req Id 30755 - Posted 08/01/2019 - Marketing / Business - King of Prussia. Pennsylvania. US
Based at Arkema's Corporate Offices and R&D Center in King of Prussia, PA, the Applications and Marketing Engineer will function in a multifaceted End Use Selling, Specifications and Standards, Leads Management and Marketing role within the Technical Polymers organization.
- The End Use Selling function is aimed at promoting the use of Arkema Technical Polymers by influencing the contacts that dictate the decision making process of polymer selection across a wide range of potential markets.
- The Specifications and Standards role will include identification of target end use influences within the industries and will involve specification generation and displacement of other technologies at downstream customers like chemical plant managers, chemical equipment suppliers, plastic processors & high-end distributors, government & military designers, and engineering and design firms.
- The Leads Management and Marketing role will include specific sales and marketing efforts in Technical Polymers as directed by the Market and Applications Engineering Manager, Business Manager, Marketing Director, Market Manager and National Sales Manager. The primary activities include incoming and purchased lead/contact management, customer assistance related to documentation and technical assistance as well as identifying and implementing improvements to marketing and sales management content and processes.
Specific job activities include (but are not limited to):
End Use Promotion (50%)
- Identify and meet with the key end users that specify, promote, or recommend products to industrial applications including Chemical Processing, Food/Biotech/Drug, Oil & Gas, Water Purification.
- Understand the key partner customers who effectively promote and manufacture Arkema Fluoropolymers and Polyamides to a specific end use niche.
- Use digital marketing tools to develop targets and communicate to end users.
- Participate in joint sales calls with customers in order to help forge relationships and provide education and technical information to both parties.
- Help establish news releases and compile organized end user contact lists.
- Assist in writing articles, giving papers, and attend conferences that will help generate specifications where technologies other than Arkema Technical Polymers are being used or considered.
- Handle incoming technical requests for immediate response to end users or customers requesting recommendations or general technical assistance.
Sales and Marketing (30%)
- Manage the leads and contact management process and system to ensure effective follow-up on all leads generated through various activities and promotions.
- Function as inside sales to help customers and users with technical information.
- Qualification of leads that will facilitate efficient follow-up by the sales and BDI teams.
- Attendance at relevant trade shows to support the business.
- Investigate new business opportunities as defined by product-line business teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing marketing/sales tools and content.
- Digital marketing support.
- Salesforce.com optimize use and provide internal support.
- Define market areas where new product development activities will be possible.
- Host webinars to promote both existing and new products.
- Assume an active role in supporting standards related to the interests of Arkema Technical Polymers products.
- Identify opportunities for changing standards to the benefit of Arkema products or even initiating new standards to support the developing product lines.
- Network with colleagues and customers who are attending meetings and promote Arkema solutions to the industry.
Business travel is expected to be roughly 30-40% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science.
- Natural ability to influence engineers and/or designers on product performance issues.
- High level of written and oral competency.
- Strong Presentation skills and ability to generate short presentations that quickly make a point.
- Demonstrated social skills including arrangement of casual entertainment such as group presentations, small lunches or dinners.
- Ability to organize effective and enjoyable product and process design seminars.
- Ability to reliably assist in the draft of Papers and Articles suitable for publication.
- Computer software proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, SAP are required.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of 8.8 billion ($10.4 billion USD) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.