Technical Data Analyst
Compensation: $87,206.67 - $156,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to support broad data management and data governance initiatives. The successful candidate will help turn data into information and insight to support business decisions and ensure data quality.
The Data Analyst s responsibilities include conducting data analysis as well as business analysis to identify gaps, new connections, correlation in data (master , transactional) and recommend opportunities & improvements. This position will require collaborations with key members of: IT, Advanced Analytics, Supply Chain, Vendor Relations, Finance, Sales and others. The position will ensure that the data has been received in the proper format, at the appropriate time, is correct, and is suitable for the intended end use.
- Interpret data, profile and analyze results
- Analyze and manage master data across multiple domains such as Customer, Product, Consumer
- Analyze and manage 3rd Party and other external data sets
- Build business processes diagrams to automate data management
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Leverage databases, analytics and other data tools to manage data
- Acquire data, profile and clean in collaboration with data stewards
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, trouble shoot data quality issues
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Define and document business requirements, data quality rules, improvement to data flows
- Proactively analyze data to increase quality as it relates to accuracy, completeness, consistency, integrity, timeliness, conformity, and validity
- Communicate and present to internal associates and external parties
- Set data standards & taxonomies to ensure data quality
Must Have Requirements
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficient in SQL (Ability to write complex queries profile, clean and standardize data)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Familiarity with Linear models and knowledge using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, visualization and presenting findings
- Experience working in an agile team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding, fast-paced environment and to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Management or Data Science.
- Master s Degree Preferred
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Python
- Customer focus - Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision quality Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Communicates effectively Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Ensures accountability follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Instills trust follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Manages complexities Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations; acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems; uncovers root causes to difficult problems; evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
- Drives results Has a strong bottom-line orientation; persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Collaborates Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives; represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to get work done; credits others for their contributions and accomplishments; gains trust and support of others.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R11810Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data analytic, data center, data engineer, data quality, data warehouse, database administrator, hbase, mongo database
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...