Director, Data Management
Compensation: $117,260.00 - $130,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Director of Data Management is responsible for leading data initiatives which span across master data, transactional data and 3rd party data sets. As the Director of Data Management, you will understand business and connect with business leaders. The individual will identify opportunities and needs/requirements, drive implementation and management of data platform, build business relationships, develop and implement data governance program. The role works with internal business leaders and IT staff to support data owners / stewards / custodians in understanding data management processes and data quality procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Participate in business requirements gathering and assist in translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Manage technical execution of development tasks to ensure that solutions add real business value, system architecture is aligned with business goals, and the design is consistent with the enterprise architecture strategy
- Manage support tasks and ensure root causes are understood and resolved.
- Have hands on knowledge on all technical aspect of data management which includes master data, data governance and transactional data.
- Embrace key technology trends and help the development teams leverage those technologies and provide business value.
- Establish enterprise data management strategies and drive the execution of these strategies with stakeholders.
- Be a major contributor to the long-term strategy for Data Management platform.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and experience. Can work with business stakeholders from a variety of departments.
- Work with the functional groups responsible for managing data to ensure consistency, uniformity and accuracy across ATD.
- Evaluate issues in the governance of enterprise data, including problem definition, root cause analysis, and opportunity and solution recommendations
- Responsible for implementing data strategy, chairing operating committees, writing data policies and procedures
- Solid experience in data governance and enterprise data management strategies
- Strong knowledge of data quality, data wrangling
- Demonstrated sense of logic, creativity, decision making & problem resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and provide high quality solution under pressure
Must Have Requirements
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Proficient in SQL (Ability to write complex queries profile, clean and standardize data)
- Familiarity with Linear models and knowledge using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, visualization and presenting findings
- Experience working in an agile team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding, fast-paced environment and to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a team
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Management or Data Science.
- Master s Degree Preferred
- Project management skills
- Customer focus - Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Decision quality Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions; considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles; recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice.
- Communicates effectively Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels; attentively listens to others; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization; encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Ensures accountability follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Instills trust follows through on commitments; is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Manages complexities Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations; acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems; uncovers root causes to difficult problems; evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
- Drives results Has a strong bottom-line orientation; persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; has a track record of exceeding goals successfully; pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Collaborates Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives; represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to get work done; credits others for their contributions and accomplishments; gains trust and support of others.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R11811Job Requirements:
Associated topics: data administrator, data integration, data manager, data management, data quality, data warehouse, etl, sql, sybase, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...