Contract SQL Analyst
Compensation: $69,015.00 - $126,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
AIC Talent Solutions is seeking qualified candidates for a Contract SQA Analyst with our client in the Lakeland, FL area.
The Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst is responsible for ensuring software quality in Information System s projects. The SQA Analyst is responsible for all Quality Assurance (QA) activities throughout the project s life cycle. The SQA Analyst works closely with the Project Leadership team to ensure QA activities are planned and executed.
The SQA Analyst responsibilities include the following:
- Test Planning. Works directly with project teams to understand testing requirements for the project. Develops strategies and plans for approval from the Project Lead. Provides estimates and task lists for the testing activities within projects.
- Test Analysis. Reviews project requirements and design specifications to ensure test requirements can be derived from other project deliverables. Using these deliverables, determines testing requirements that define the testing to be developed and executed for the project.
- Test Design. From project requirements and design specifications, designs the test cases, test procedures, and coverage within testing tools. Makes decisions on appropriate levels of test automation within projects.
- Test Case Creation. From the design of the cases and procedures, creates manual or automated test cases and procedures from the test design specifications.
- Testing. Conducts testing activities from test plans. Verifies testing results and accurately tracks defects.
- Project Metrics. Performs metrics analysis and develops metric reports for assigned projects. Presents project metrics information to management on project defects.
- Education and mentoring. Pursues education addressing testing methodologies, automated test tools, systems development life cycles and business area/system knowledge. Actively participates in mentoring associates by coaching them on the testing processes, tools, and applications they will be testing.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software testing and quality assurance, including test execution and data setup.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience analyzing system requirements and creating test cases.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with any testing tool to create and execute test cases, track defeats and perform requirements coverage.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in backend testing using complex database queries in SQL Server or Oracle.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Quality Center or Microsoft Test Manager or similar tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in setting up test environments, test data
- Preferred 3 years in executing batch jobs
- Preferred 2 years in testing mobile applications
- An aptitude to understand application design models, programming languages, and software testing concepts
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as well as an ability to follow standards
- A high degree of self-motivation, commitment, and integrity
- Ability to deal with some levels of ambiguity
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience executing test scripts, including setting up the test environment and verifying the test result for success
- Experience reviewing project requirements and high level system design, deriving test strategies and test plans to effectively test the solution and executing the plan
- Experience maintaining and uploading test scripts and test cases for systems
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...