Advanced Analytics Analyst
Compensation: $56,290.00 - $91,100.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Advanced Analytics Analyst plays a key role within Data Intelligence department by creating statistical models to predict, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. This person will work across the organization to drive advanced analytics initiatives, while creating and maintaining data best practices. This position will be a core component of Allied s Data Center of Excellence.
The Advanced Analytics Analyst plays a key role within Data Intelligence department by creating statistical models to predict, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. This person will work across the organization to drive advanced analytics initiatives, while creating and maintaining data best practices. This position will be a core component of Allied s Data Center of Excellence.Duties & ResponsibilitiesReporting & Analytics (70%)
Communication & Leadership (30%)
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business unit
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Using advanced analytics and statistical modelling to automate processes and or forecast product performance
- Filter and clean data by reviewing reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use case diagrams, written scenarios, business process analysis
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Determine and implement data best practices and advanced analytic tools within the Data Center of Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally on a cross-functional team with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Proven ability to communicate both data and technical concepts to a non-technical audience required
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams
- Act as change agent for data transformation within the organization
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution in Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Engineering Preferred
- 2+ years work experience in a data analytics role required
- Experience working with large datasets required
- Experience in R and SQL required
- Additional experience in SAS, C#, Visual Studio, SQL Server, and Python preferred
- Experience with complex data analysis, statistical modeling, and quantitative/qualitative models required
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (ie. WebFOCUS, Tableau, PowerBI) preferred
- Experience with report development, BI Portal (Dashboards) and application integration
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Presentation skills with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Analysis, Agile Project Management, Business Analysis Methodology and the SDLC
- Customer oriented, with a desire to resolve problems to the customer's satisfaction while maintaining focus on productivity, efficiency and quality
- Ability to work in a fast paced often high-pressure environments
- Interest in technology, innovation, and continual learning
- Knowledge of Insurance or Financial Services Industries a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
We offer our employees a robust compensation package! Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance coverage; 100% company-paid life and disability coverage, 401k options with company match, three weeks PTO by the end of the first year and much more. Allied proudly promotes from within as part of a strong commitment to providing career growth opportunities for employees of all levels. Our diverse business portfolio allows employees broad career options with the advantage of staying with the same organization.
All qualified candidate will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...