Research Nurse- Part-Time/Contract
Akahi Services in Parkville, MD
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN/BSN/ASN)
- Type: Part Time
- Compensation: $71,876.67 - 140,660.00 / Year*
Akahi Associates, LLC is seeking a highly qualified Research Nurse to work at our client site the National Institute on Drug Abuse, MD. This is a PRN position as needed, flexible.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Organize and provide any education needs for NIDA research participants.
- Organize and provide nursing care based on protocol requirements to varying patient populations including blood draws, EKG, point of care testing, medication administration, and other nursing tasks.
- Act as a nursing resource in providing support for research team members.
- Assist and lend support to research participants.
- Troubleshoot and communicate problems that may arise during studies. Document and file any adverse event reports, and perform follow ups on problems accordingly.
- Provide various core functions in supporting the clinic s operation including assisting with medical supply ordering, medical equipment maintenance, lien and food/snack ordering sheets.
- Organize nursing implementation meetings, formulate electronic research nursing checklist, assist and contribute to the design and flow of study visits pertaining to nursing for research protocols.
DELIVERABLES. Upon request, the contractor shall provide documentation evidence of any and/or all work product, including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Work products and documents related to assessing, planning, performing and evaluating patient care for patients with various care needs.
- Work products and documents related to assessing and implementing health education needs in individual patient populations.
- Work products and documents related to implementing nursing tasks as indicated by research protocols.
- Work products and documents related to acting as a nursing resource in providing continuous support for research team members.
- Work products and documents related to assisting and providing support for research participants; troubleshooting and communicating any problems that arise during studies.
- Work products and documents related to supporting the core functions of the clinic s operation including assisting with medical supply ordering, medical equipment maintenance, lien and food/snack ordering sheets.
- Work products and documents related to supporting research protocols; organizing nursing implementation meetings, formulating electronic research nursing checklist, assist and contribute to the design and flow of study visits pertaining to nursing.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSE, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR OTHER EXPERTISE REQUIRED. The contractor must have:
- Master s degree in nursing. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a BA/BS degree is equivalent to a Master s degree. Active Maryland State Nursing License.
- Four (4) years nursing experience with CPR certification. Experience in clinical research setting with protocols and clinical trials. Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Basic Life Support training.
- Interest/Experience in: Neurology, Psychiatry, Addiction, Research, Clinical Research setting, treatment experience
- Ideal to have experience with blood draws (Phlebotomy skills)
- Flexible schedule position with possible weekend and evening work.
For further information, to view the EEO Is The Law poster. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Parkville, MD!