Vice President, clonoSEQ Marketing
Compensation: $117,185.00 - $145,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Every immune system has a story to tell the key is knowing how to listen.
Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.Position Overview
Adaptive Biotechnologies is seeking an experienced marketing leader to join our Diagnostics Marketing team as Vice President, Marketing for our flagship commercial diagnostic product, the clonoSEQ Assay. Reporting to the Vice President of Commercialization, this individual will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of innovative, high-impact marketing and communications strategies for clonoSEQ. Through these strategies and supporting tactics, the individual will advance Adaptive's effort to engage and educate healthcare providers, patients and payers on the importance of minimal residual disease (MRD) testing, the advances in testing enabled by next-generation sequencing and the differentiated value proposition of clonoSEQ.
As Vice President, Marketing, the individual in this role will build and translate the strategic imperatives for the brand into an actionable plan and then lead and maintain accountability for implementation of this plan. The individual in this role will have direct responsibility for managing an existing team of 4 product managers and marketing operations professionals and will lead recruitment and hiring of 2 additional team members in 2020 Prior success leading effective teams is a requirement of this position.
This key strategic member of the Diagnostics Team will actively shape the direction for ongoing clinical diagnostic product marketing and commercialization efforts. Scope of this role will include (but is not limited to) creation of market development strategy; strategic product positioning; disease area and technology-related message development; design and execution of medical education efforts (e.g., NCCN guidelines education); development of payer value proposition and creation of supporting collateral; conference strategy, planning and implementation; and management of marketing communications agencies.
The individual in this role must bring substantive knowledge of available healthcare provider and patient marketing channels and must be prepared to demonstrate the impact of the team's investments by defining and implementing meaningful metrics. The individual must also possess and apply practical knowledge of relevant compliance requirements and considerations. The individual will develop future years' marketing budgets and headcount plans and have responsibility for managing and optimizing resource allocation throughout the year.Responsibilities
- Owns the development of marketing blueprint and execution of the product strategy for clonoSEQ, ensuring alignment with the overall brand and company strategy
- Functions as a results-oriented leader in marketing strategy and tactical execution, leading and mentoring the clonoSEQ marketing team
- Maintains responsibility for developing multichannel marketing strategies and implementing tactical plans to achieve them
- Ensures global alignment of the clonoSEQ brand strategy and develops market-specific communications approaches
- Works cross-functionally to align strategies and tactics with Sales, Customer Operations, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Sales Operations, Legal, Regulatory and Product Development
- Establishes and advances relationships with external constituencies including physician thought leaders, key customers and patient advocacy organizations
- Manages marketing communications vendors to support strategically aligned, high-quality and cost-effective implementation of tactics and development of marketing collateral
- Provides direction on market analytics and intelligence, including input on forecasts, market and competitor analysis
- Creates marketing metrics that can track, measure and analyze performance
- Delivers brand P & L targets
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience and a demonstrated track record of success in clinical healthcare product marketing (including experience with regulated products)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of people management and team leadership experience
- Experience in diagnostics, medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical industries preferred
- Oncology / hematology experience preferred
- Sales experience desirable
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skillset with ability to lead a team through tactical execution
- Functional experience driving marketing strategy and planning, including branded, unbranded and disease awareness promotion
- Refined interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment; capable of communicating with and facilitating decisions involving a diverse group of individuals
- Effective listener and quick learner; able to integrate seamlessly into an existing high-functioning team
- Strong team player - highly effective in partnering cross-functionally and influencing without authority
- Extensive experience managing and optimizing output from external vendors
- Proficient in the use of MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Excited about a growth-stage company environment and driven to make a difference
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES
: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
Associated topics: community, festival, lead generation, market, marketing, newspaper, policy, policies, stewardship, twitter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...