Associate Director, International Upstream Marketing
Compensation: $122,215.00 - $144,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn . Job Description
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
The Associate Director, International Upstream Marketing Strategy is responsible for supporting the development the new product and innovation pipeline and product life cycle plans for the Body Contouring category, including new product strategy/ positioning and product design (new product, product evolution, claims/ indications). A key imperative is to develop a pipeline strategy that will contribute growth to the business, drive category leadership, and optimize the value of the portfolio. This position works in close collaboration with cross functional groups to impact product innovation with research and development, and flow-through processes with manufacturing. This role works closely with in-line marketing (International Strategic Marketing), US Upstream Marketing - CoolSculpting and requires interaction key country team members, ISM, customers and consumers to gain insight into market trends, opportunities and unmet needs. YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE... A strategic thinker
: align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive. First class team player
: collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership. You Will
- Create innovation strategy to drive market growth and portfolio optimization. Identify opportunities for growth via new product introduction and portfolio optimization.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the market, competitive landscape and consumer and customer insights to inform strategy. Monitor the competitive landscape in order to support recommendations for initiatives and/or changes to strategies.
- Develop close working relationship with R&D, regulatory/legal, medical affairs, market research, operations and key opinion leaders to ensure cross functional alignment and viable go to market strategies.
- Develop preliminary forecast to quantify launch potential and ensure appropriate prioritization of resources. Develop final forecast (units and revenue) and margin analysis partnering with finance and operations to ensure launch viability.
- Steward the development and delivery of innovative products by partnering with R&D on all aspects of product design including formulation and packaging. Partner with project management and operations to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Have the ability to independently create and execute action plans which deliver on strategic goals.
- Prioritize commercial opportunities across the portfolio and develop product strategies for capturing the maximum commercial value.
- Support development of product positioning and branding (name, packaging, key claims, benefits); conduct market research to inform positioning and support recommendations
- Work closely with International Strategic Marketing to support data generation for claims and development of launch packaging materials
- Have the ability to travel up to 20%
#LI-PD1Qualifications You Bring
In this role, we're looking for a leader who will :
- Undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study, a graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Seven or more years of business experience of which, at least half should be in medical device/pharmaceutical industry in a sales or marketing function.
- Experience with different stages of the product life cycle.
- Experience working with R&D and marketing aesthetic products is highly desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Act as an Owner
- Be Excellence Focused
- Act as an Influencer
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: chief marketing officer, cmo, donor, fundraise, market, marketing, mba, product market, social media, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...