Associate Director, Advanced Analytics and Data Science
Compensation: $135,210.00 - $149,340.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn . Job Description
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work! Associate Director, Advanced Analytics and Data Science YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- A Data-Driven Leader. You will provide insights and solutions to business questions and challenges by leveraging statistics, data science, and artificial intelligence approaches and cutting-edge technology.
- A Creative Innovator. You will be responsible for designing, executing, and socializing analytical solutions to business questions across Allergan Aesthetics' diverse portfolio of products, services, and customers.
- A Forward-Thinking Creator. You will apply statistics, machine learning, and other analytic and artificial intelligence techniques to help commercial teams in generating revenue, optimizing commercial investments, developing products, winning new customers and earning customer loyalty.
- A Collaborative Team Player. You will work closely with business stakeholders (Customer Ops, Marketing, Sales), Business Technology, and other cross- functional partners to develop analytics solutions, tools and processes to advance data-driven decision making at Allergan Aesthetics.
Qualifications YOU BRING:
- Work cross-functionally. Work with stakeholders to define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria.
- Make conclusions from data. Examine relevant data and quickly develop an analytics plan that will answer key business questions and create value for clients.
- Analyze data. Work with data sets of varying degrees of size and complexity, including both structured and unstructured data.
- Present and analyze findings. Transform data into actionable insights and recommendations. Present clear and concise results. This includes processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Create lasting solutions. Develop analytical solutions by using and applying appropriate methodology - including, but not limited to, regression, forecasting, clustering, decision trees, simulation, optimization, machine learning, and neural networks. Manage Design systems and approaches to operationalize models for machine learning.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS: For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative field such as Advanced Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Operational Research, Computer Science or Econometrics. PhD or Master's degree preferred. MBA a plus.
- 6+ years' progressive business experience in business analytics, marketing analytics, database marketing, multichannel marketing analytics, data mining, or statistical modeling.
- Strong algorithm design skills. Execute analytical experiments methodically while outputting reproducible insights and analyses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, SQL, relational databases (Teradata, Oracle etc.), BI tools (PowerBI, Qliksense) and IDEs like Jupyter.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hive, Impala, Hue etc.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team including data engineers, IT, and Line of Business analytics teams.
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Project management experience, operational focus, and strong attention to detail.
A Talent Magnet:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
The best leaders are brand ambassadors and have an eye out for great talent to join our family. All Allergan colleagues are an extension of our recruiting team, building bridges for the best people to grow our company.Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Associated topics: clinical, dietetic, drug discovery, histotechnologist, immuno oncology, nephrology, nutrition, pharmaceutical, toxicologist, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...